SoilCares Project Monitor (12 month license) & Handheld Scanner
Know the impact of your project! Monitor the soil quality of your region and track its improvement through time with the SoilCares Project Monitor app.
The app connects your smart phone with the AgroCares Scanner and provides you with values of soil pH, soil organic carbon, cation exchange capacity, clay percentage and soil temperature. SoilCares Project Monitor also gives an indication of total nitrogen registered in a class (low, adequate or high).
This package includes the AgroCares Scanner and an annual license for the SoilCares Project Monitor app (valid for 12 months from the date of purchase).
AgroCares Scanner is a handheld device that relies on near-infrared sensor and a connection to AgroCares database to provide (via a mobile phone) quick, on-the-spot results of key soil parameters, i.e. pH, soil organic carbon and cation exchange capacity. SoilCares Project Monitor app allows you to use the AgroCares Scanner for instant monitoring of key soil parameters.
What do you need?
- AgroCares Scanner
- A smartphone with Android 5.0 or higher
- SoilCares Project Monitor app installed on your smartphone
- A valid license to use the app
- Internet connection
The package includes:
Annual license (12 months) for the SoilCares Project Monitor app
AgroCares Scanner that will be delivered in an aluminum case along with:
- Calibration Cap: a cap for 'Standard Sample' and 'Background Scan' calibrations.
- Sample tray: a tray where the sample is scanned from.
- USB Cable: charging cable of the Scanner.
- Power sockets (2): USB adaptor + International power plugs type A and C
- Cleaning products: brush and dry cleaning wipes
- Instruction manual
The package does not include a smartphone
How does it work?
- You connect your smart phone to the AgroCares Scanner via Bluetooth
- The app guides you through the soil scanning process
- 5 scans of the soil sample are required
- The whole procedure takes about 10 minutes
- The final result: soil report containing values and classifications for soil pH, soil organic carbon and CEC.
The app will register the GPS location of the scanned soil sample. It is also possible to download the data from your reports in an Excel file (bulk data) from the AgroCares Portal.
SoilCares Project Monitor is available for Android devices and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Currently, SoilCares Project Monitor can be used in the following countries: The Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Namibia, Ivory Coast and Myanmar.